The CBD revolution has arrived. In recent years, CBD has become the holistic treatment of choice, and it seems like almost every day, a new CBD product is being introduced. With so many options, like CBD flower, gummies, vape juice, and more, where do you start? CBD gummies are a great introduction to CBD products, but how old do you have to be to buy CBD gummies?
What are their effects and benefits? Where’s the best place to buy them? We have answers to all of your questions surrounding (arguably) the most popular CBD edible – gummies!
Are CBD Gummies Legal?
Absolutely! After the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp is considered a federally legal agricultural commodity. This means that not only is hemp farming allowed, but production of hemp-derived products and sales of those products are legal in all 50 states and online.
This recent change in the legality of hemp led to the CBD boom and the increased accessibility of hemp-derived CBD gummies!
It’s important to note that only gummies made from hemp are federally legal. Hemp, by definition, must contain less than 0.3% THC (the psychoactive chemical compound in cannabis). This small amount of THC sets hemp apart from marijuana and is not enough to get you high.
Different Types of CBD in Gummies
There are three types of CBD that can be found in gummies. All three forms of CBD are a little different, so it’s important to know what kind is in your gummies.
- Full-Spectrum CBD: This contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids in hemp (the “full package”), including CBD and less than 0.3% THC. This creates what is known as the “entourage effect,” meaning all the chemical compounds work together to give you the best CBD experience possible.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD: This also contains the cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids of hemp, but the difference is that broad-spectrum CBD has zero THC. This doesn’t quite produce the same entourage effect as full-spectrum CBD, but it is still very effective.
- CBD Isolate: Isolate contains CBD and only CBD. Isolate is usually 99% or more CBD, so you don’t get any of the other compounds in hemp. Although it technically gives you a more potent dose of CBD, some have found it lacking because it’s missing the entourage effect.
Regardless of the type of CBD, the best extraction method is the CO2 method. CO2 extraction is clean, doesn’t use any harmful chemical solvents, and produces pure and potent CBD. And it’s what we use here at Cheef Botanicals!
Related Article: Why I Use Full Spectrum CBD Oil Vs. Isolate Or Broad Spectrum CBD
How Old Do You Have to Be to Buy CBD Gummies?
There isn’t an easy answer to this question because it really depends on where you live. Because hemp products only became federally legal in the last few years, legislators are still figuring out the specific guidelines and laws pertaining to hemp-derived products (like CBD gummies).
CBD guidelines are currently decided by state lawmakers, which is why the age limitations and other specifics surrounding the legality of CBD products vary from state to state.
Not only that, specific shops and dispensaries may have their own rules about what age you have to be to enter the store or buy CBD products.
But in general, you have to be over 18 to buy CBD gummies. However, in some cases, you may have to be 21 – for example, if a cannabis dispensary requires you to be 21 or older to enter or buy from the store.
Nevertheless, it’s a good idea to double-check your state and local laws to make sure you can legally purchase CBD gummies.
What Are the Effects of CBD Gummies?
CBD is known for having a whole bunch of beneficial effects. As a result, many people take CBD gummies every day for a daily dose of wellness. Additionally, gummies are tasty, easy to eat, and have perfectly measured doses of CBD.
It’s important to note that because CBD gummies must pass through your digestive system before the CBD enters your bloodstream, the time it takes for you to feel effects can vary depending on if you ate recently. However, most people begin to feel effects within 45 minutes to an hour of eating the gummies.
Some of the beneficial effects of CBD include:
- Promotes calm and relaxation
- Reducing nervousness
- Soothes various discomforts
- Eases tense muscles
- Boosts mood
- Helps stomach problems
CBD does this by supporting your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS essentially regulates how your cells communicate with one other and plays a part in many important functions of your body, such as your nervous system, mood, sleep cycle, brain, and immune system.
Generally, CBD is well-tolerated, and there are very few side effects. If side effects are reported, they tend to be minor.
Some side effects of CBD include:
- Dry mouth
- Slight fatigue or drowsiness
- Mild diarrhea or nausea
Can CBD Gummies Get You High?
Nope! The CBD in gummies is made from hemp, which must contain less than 0.3% THC. In addition, some gummies are made from broad-spectrum CBD or CBD isolate, which contains no THC at all.
THC is the psychoactive compound in cannabis and is responsible for the “high” feeling. The amount of THC in hemp is so small that it should not get you high.
Where to Buy CBD Gummies
You can buy CBD gummies either at a store in your area or online. There are pros and cons to each, so let’s go over your options.
When you buy CBD gummies from a local store, you can most likely get your gummies the same day. There’s no waiting, and you can get your CBD fix quickly.
However, there are some potential downsides to buying in-store:
- Poor selection: There may be only one option from a brand you’ve never heard of or know anything about.
- Overpricing: Because CBD products are pretty niche, it’s easy for stores to price them higher because people don’t know how much they should cost.
- Lack of product knowledge: The store employees likely have limited knowledge about CBD or the company making the gummies.
If you can, we recommend buying CBD gummies online – like here at Cheef Botanicals. You may have to wait a few days for it to arrive at your doorstep, but the pros of buying online outweigh the cons.
The benefits of buying online:
- Full transparency: Reputable companies should list every ingredient in their gummies and have a Certificate of Analysis (COA) to ensure that the compounds listed on the product are accurate. You can also find out the method of CBD extraction and even the farm the hemp is grown on.
- Large selection: There are many great brands out there with competitive pricing.
- CBD experts: Online CBD companies should be experts in their field and can answer any question you have about CBD gummies.
With that said, make sure to check out the CBD gummies we sell here at Cheef. Our gummies are 100% organic, vegan, cruelty-free, and contain no corn syrup, gluten, or GMOs. Additionally, they taste great and are absolutely free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. They’re the perfect snack to relax after a long day or to maintain general wellness.
Related Article: CBD Gummies Near Me [Online, In-Store, And More!]
Final Thoughts – How Old Do You Have to Be to Buy CBD Gummies
If you’re thinking about trying out CBD gummies, we don’t blame you. They’re an easy and delicious way to get your daily dose of CBD.
But before you head out the door or place an online order of gummies, make sure to check the laws surrounding purchasing CBD in your state. Most of the time, you must be a minimum of 18 years old to get a hold of some CBD gummies.