Vaping is one of the most popular ways to enjoy CBD for its convenience and accessibility. One major advantage of vaping is that you can control how much CBD you inhale, This can be done by either taking larger or smaller draws or adjusting the vape pen’s temperature. So what’s the best temperature to vape CBD oil?
By changing your vape juice temperature, you can control whether the pen produces smoother hits or stronger CBD effects. The perfect temperature depends entirely on your preferences and needs. Read on to find out the different benefits of adjusting temperatures on your vape pen and all the vape pen basics!
Does Temperature Matter When Vaping CBD Oil?
Yes, temperatures can significantly affect the quality and effects of your vape! Different temperatures can affect the number of compounds (cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids) released from the CBD vape juice, affecting the flavor or strength of each draw you take. Higher temperatures can release more cannabinoids, giving you more substantial CBD effects. Lower temperatures contain more terpenes and flavonoids, giving your vapor more taste and flavor.
There will also be slightly reduced side effects with lower temperatures. Although CBD is well-tolerated by most people, you may still experience some minor side effects like dry mouth, slight dizziness, or diarrhea. Remember that no matter which temperature you choose to vape at, CBD won’t get you high! Even at high temperatures with the most potent effects, CBD does not have any psychoactive effects and won’t leave you feeling high or intoxicated.
What is the Best Temperature to Vape CBD Oil?
The best temperature for vaping CBD oil is whatever suits your needs the best! You might have had a tough day at work, so you can choose to crank up the temperatures to relieve some tension quickly. Maybe you need a quick boost in the morning, in which case a lower temperature would work better.
Finding the optimal range for the perfect vaping experience will take some time and experimentation. We highly recommend that you start vaping at a lower temperature and gradually work your way up for people new to vaping!
Low temperatures (<350°F) can create a smoother, more flavorful draw that can create a sense of tranquility and peace. By heating the CBD vape oil at lower temperatures, more terpenes and flavonoids are preserved, creating a smooth, sweet vapor for you to enjoy.
We recommend trying lower temperatures at first if you are new to vaping CBD.
A higher temperature for vaping CBD (>400°F) creates a stronger and more potent hit that can help you relax and loosen up better. Higher temperatures typically bring less flavor than lower temperatures since more terpenes and flavonoids are lost during the heating process. However, higher temperatures are best for experiencing the effects of CBD.
The moderate temperature range for vaping (350-400°F) combines the best of both worlds, giving a potent enough hit with a great flavor draw. While the relief may not be as strong as if the vape juice was heated at a higher temperature, there are still significant CBD effects that can help you wind down after a long day.
Most CBD connoisseurs will tell you that this middle range works best. The vapor will be smoother and more flavorful, making medium temperatures the ideal range for most people.
However, it’s up to you to determine whichever temperature is best for you!
At What Point Does CBD Oil Boil?
CBD oil boils at 356°F/180°C. However, your vape pen does not need to reach this temperature to create vapors. CBD oil typically starts vaporizing in the 320-356°F range, allowing for a smoother vapor.
Higher-end vape pens will allow you to customize the exact temperature ranges you want to enjoy your CBD. There are over 100 different terpenes in hemp, each with different boiling points, allowing you to target specific terpenes for their benefits and effects.
What Types of Vape Pens Are There?
There are many types of vape pens out there that can range from extremely simple to very complex to use. From new CBD users to experienced veterans, there is a vape pen for everyone.
Automatic vs. Manual Vape Pens
The two main types of vape pens that you’ll find – draw vapes (automatic) and push-button vapes (manual). Draw vapes allow you to inhale directly from the pen, which will automatically activate the heating element (atomizer) and create vapors. Typically draw vapes are more simple and better for beginners to use.
Push-button vapes give the user more control over how long their hit is or how much vapor they want to inhale. By manually activating the atomizer, you will be able to take thicker and more potent hits of CBD. Manual vape pens are usually more advanced and can create smoother vapors than automatic vapes.
Disposable vs. Rechargeable Vape Pens
As you dive into the vaping world, you’ll find every type and variety of vape pens imaginable. It can seem overwhelming to see dozens upon dozens of vape pens on the market. However, the majority of vapes boil down to the following types:
- Single-use, pre-filled disposable pens – Disposable pens are among the most common and popular types of vape pens. These vapes are usually inhale-to-activate and can be discarded after the vape juice is used up. Beginners often opt for this option as a hassle-free, hands-off CBD experience.
- Rechargeable pen with replaceable cartridges/pods – The next step up is rechargeable pens with cartridges or pods that you can switch out after use. With replaceable cartridges, you can try new flavors while reusing the same vape pen battery. Buying cartridges or pods can save you more money in the long run over disposable pens.
- Rechargeable pen with refillable tank – With vape pens with refillable tanks, you add the vape juice or e-liquid directly into the tank. Buying vape juice is cheaper than cartridges, but this type of pen requires more cleaning and maintenance. The atomizer is located in the tank’s center, directly heating the vape juice and creating vapor.
- Box-mod vaporizers – Box-mods are typically reserved for the most advanced vape users. You can customize box-mod coils to burn at different temperature settings to create thicker or smoother vapors. Box-mods usually require the most maintenance to keep them working smoothly and efficiently.
Basic Parts of a Vape Pen
The five basic parts of a vape pen are:
- Battery (disposable or rechargeable) – The battery is the main part of the vape pen that connects to the charger. In many rechargeable pens, this is the long part that looks like a pen. In higher-end vapes like box-mods, batteries are removable for external charging.
- Tank/cartridge – The tank is where the vape juice is refilled and heated. Vape pens that use replaceable cartridges do not have a tank and instead have a slot to insert the cartridge.
- Atomizer (vaporizer) – The atomizer is the heating element that vaporizes your e-liquid or dry herb. Atomizers are designed to heat the CBD vape juice to the point just before combustion to create vapors instead of smoke. Different quality vape pens will have atomizers made of cotton, ceramic, or quartz to create different vapors.
- Coils – Inside the atomizer are coils that are responsible for heating the pen. The coils are usually wrapped in a wicking material that draws in the e-liquid to create the vapors.
- Mouthpiece – The mouthpiece is the part you inhale the vapors. The mouthpiece is typically connected to the tank or cartridge. In rechargeable pens, you can usually unscrew the mouthpiece for cleaning.
As you begin to vape more and more, you’ll begin to find new ways to get the most out of your vaping experience. Here are some of our favorite techniques for vaping to help you get started:
- Slower, longer draws – Many people take one fast, quick draw as if they were inhaling smoke out of a bong. However, inhaling slower for a more extended period (3-5 seconds) may be more effective and easier on your throat.
- Keep vapor in your mouth – After inhaling the vapor, instead of exhaling right away, try keeping it in your mouth for a few seconds. By keeping the vapor in, the membranes in your cheek and mouth can absorb the CBD molecules better. This method allows CBD to enter your bloodstream faster.
- Exhaling through the nose – Our noses also have membranes that can absorb CBD into our bloodstream. After inhaling into your lungs, exhale out of your nose instead of your mouth for increased effects.
- Using more robust vape cartridges – Some people might find it more effective for them to take one quick puff of a stronger CBD vape oil instead of a long draw from a lower-strength one. Experienced users may prefer a more potent hit over multiple weaker hits.
Best CBD Vape Cartridges
At Cheef Botanicals, we offer a wide selection of some of the most popular and unique CBD vape cartridges on the market. All of our vape cartridges are made with all-natural terpenes and broad-spectrum hemp extract for your enjoyment.
We avoid using any solvents during the extraction process. Our vape cartridges are all free of PG, VG, PEG, or MCT chemicals.
Check out some of our most popular and newest flavors:
Final Thoughts – Best Temperature to Vape CBD Oil
As you may have learned, there is no “best” temperature to vape CBD oil or the best method to do anything. The best way to vape is what fits your needs and desires at that moment. There are many advantages to using low, medium, or high temperatures when you’re vaping.
It all comes down to if you want a smoother or more powerful experience. Mess around with it, and soon you’ll find your perfect vaping temperature range!