People are always looking for ways to avoid drug tests, whether for personal or professional reasons. Drug testing is a prevalent practice for many employers, despite the stress it causes employees. We want to help you avoid a failed drug test, so we’re to answer a question many people have: “Does CBG show up on a drug test?”
While there is a low chance of CBG triggering a failed drug test, we do not recommend taking any if you’ve got a test coming up. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. If you’re concerned that you might fail a drug test, read this article! We’ll walk you through the cannabis plant, THC metabolites, and whether CBG may trigger a positive result in low concentrations or high concentrations.
What Is CBG?
CBG, or cannabigerol, is a cannabinoid found in cannabis plants. It is gaining popularity due to its potential benefits, including reducing swelling and relieving discomfort. CBG has been reported to bind to cannabinoid receptors in the brain, which can help immensely with your overall wellness.
CBD and CBG are both derived from hemp, a form of the cannabis plant (different than marijuana). CBG oil is made by extracting CBG from the plant and then adding it to a carrier oil, such as hemp seed oil or coconut oil. Carrier oils are important because they help cannabinoids absorb into your system more efficiently. Similarly, CBD tincture is made by extracting CBD from the plant and then diluting it with a carrier oil. Like CBD, CBG has a variety of wellness uses, such as reducing swelling, easing discomfort, and calming nerves.
Will CBG Make You Test Positive on a Drug Test?
CBG should not trigger a positive result on a drug test, but we still do not recommend taking CBG products before your screening. Drug tests typically do not screen for CBG specifically, looking instead for THC. Still, CBG and THC could look similar on a chemical level, depending on the kind of drug test you take. It’s always best to play it safe, so save the CBG for after your test!
How Long Does CBG Stay In Your System?
If you’re consuming a CBG product with THC, it should be below 0.3%. This is a small enough amount that it will leave your system within a couple of days, up to a week. However, trace amounts of THC can build up in the bodies of frequent consumers making it less certain for them to pass a urinalysis test.
Edibles can also last up to a week in your system. It’s important to note that the more frequently you consume cannabis products, the wider the window of detection becomes.
How Do People Take CBG?
There are a few different ways that you can take CBG. You can take it orally in the form of a tincture or edibles or inhale it by smoking CBG hemp flower or using a vape. Edibles tend to last longer in your system, so there is a slightly higher chance they will show up on a drug test.
CBG can have varying effects on different people. Some people find it effective for supporting sleep, while others find that it gives them energy. It all depends on the person’s chemistry and relationship to cannabis plants.
You can take it orally in the form of a tincture or edibles or inhale it by smoking CBG hemp flower or using a vape.
CBG comes in many different forms, and part of the fun is experimenting and finding out which one is best for you! These are some of the most common ways to enjoy CBG:
- CBG oils: Our CBG oils are made from the highest quality ingredients and designed to provide you with the most benefits possible. Whether you’re looking for a way to improve your health or just want to try something new, our CBG oils are sure to please.
- Pre-rolls: CBG pre-rolls are one of the most popular CBG products available. They are made with pure CBG and contain no THC. This makes them a great choice for those who want to experience the benefits of CBG without the psychoactive effects of THC. CBG pre-rolls are also very convenient and easy to use. Simply remove the paper from the pre-roll and enjoy. There is no need to grind or prepare the flower, making them perfect for on-the-go use.
- Flower: CBG flower buds are often dried and smoked or used to make extracts and other products. CBG products are becoming increasingly popular as people learn more about the potential benefits of CBG.
- Vapes: CBG vapes are a convenient smoking alternative that allows you to enjoy all the benefits of CBG without smoke that some people find harsh. For anyone looking for a healthier, more convenient smoking alternative, CBG vapes are a perfect choice.
- Gummies: CBG gummies are a great way to get your CBG fix. These edibles are easy to take with you on the go and make a great alternative to smoking or vaping CBG. CBG products are also becoming more popular as people learn about their benefits of CBG. CBG gummies are a great option for an easy and convenient way to get their CBG fix.
Benefits of CBG
Adding CBG to your daily routine can positively affect your well-being in numerous ways. Below is a brief rundown on the benefits of CBG:
- Eases physical and mental discomfort
- Soothes swelling
- Encourages deeper, longer-lasting sleep
- Mood booster
- Promotes a natural appetite
Products With CBD and CBG Together
If you’re a marijuana enthusiast, you know that CBD and CBG are two of the most popular cannabinoids on the market. And while they both offer their unique benefits, many products combine both CBD and CBG.
So if you’re looking for the best of both worlds, check out some of the best CBD + CBG products. Be sure to shop with legitimate, well-established brands with reviews and certificates of analysis on display, like here at Cheef Botanicals!
While they both offer their unique benefits, many products combine both CBD and CBG.
What Is a Certificate of Analysis?
A Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a document that outlines the ingredients, terpenes, and cannabinoid content in each product. Reputable brands should have their COAs on full display proudly. Doing so ensures you can trust your CBD or CBG brand of choice will have a product that works and is worth your time.
So if you’re looking for the best of both worlds, check out some of the best CBD + CBG products below. We’ve got you covered, from tinctures and topicals to edibles. Here are our top three selling CBD + CBG products we offer:
- CBD Hemp Flower – Goliath CBD:CBG 1:1
- CBD/CBG Wax 1:1 + Terpene
- CBG Oil
Why Buy CBG Products From Cheef Botanicals?
If you’re looking for high-quality CBG products, you’ve come to the right place! At Cheef Botanicals, we celebrate the natural therapeutic properties of the hemp plant by bringing you a wide array of premium CBD and CBG products! We offer tinctures, gummies, capsules, flower, pre rolls, and more at unbelievable deals.
In addition to premium CBG products, we offer excellent customer service and great financial incentives. Enjoy 25% off your first order and 25% off recurring orders with our subscription deals! We also offer free shipping on every order and a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can shop with confidence.
If you aren’t convinced yet, check out our outstanding customer reviews and testimonials! We have hundreds of them on TrustPilot and are proud to have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Final Thoughts – Does CBG Show Up on a Drug Test
As of now, there is no solid evidence that CBG will show up on a drug test. However, since CBG is a cannabinoid, it is possible that certain testing methods could detect it. If you are concerned about whether or not CBG will show up on a drug test, it is best to avoid using products that contain this compound.
Since CBG and the world of hemp flower is in constant flux, it’s best to have an educational source you can trust. Keep checking the Cheef Botanicals blog for future updates on CBG and other cannabinoids. And don’t forget to check out all of the great CBG and CBD products in our shop!
TLDR Most drug tests do not screen for CBG. However, some full spectrum CBG products contain trace amounts of THC that can build up in your body over time and cause you to fail a test. Carefully read labels before taking any CBG products.