Research & Studies - CBD For Cancer
Below is a compiled list of scientific research and studies on Cannabidiol (CBD) and it’s potential use for treating Cancer.
General Cancer Research
- Cannabidiol as potential anticancer drug
- In vitro and in vivo efficacy of non-psychoactive cannabidiol in neuroblastoma
- Cannabidiol inhibits cancer cell invasion via upregulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1
- Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms
- The inhibitory effects of cannabidiol on systemic malignant tumors.
- The influence of biomechanical properties and cannabinoids on tumor invasion
- Antitumorigenic targets of cannabinoids – current status and implications.
- Cannabidiol, a novel inverse agonist for GPR12
Bladder Cancer Research
- TRPV2 activation induces apoptotic cell death in human T24 bladder cancer cells: a potential therapeutic target for bladder cancer.
Brain Cancer Research
- GW Pharmaceuticals Achieves Positive Results in Phase 2 Proof of Concept Study in Glioma
- Cannabidiol, a Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Compound, Inhibits Proliferation and Invasion in U87-MG and T98G Glioma Cells through a Multitarget Effect
- Local Delivery of Cannabinoid-Loaded Microparticles Inhibits Tumor Growth in a Murine Xenograft Model of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Quantitative Analyses of Synergistic Responses between Cannabidiol and DNA-Damaging Agents on the Proliferation and Viability of Glioblastoma and Neural Progenitor Cells in Culture
- Cannabidiol inhibits human glioma cell migration through a cannabinoid receptor-independent mechanism
- Cannabidiol enhances the inhibitory effects of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol on human glioblastoma cell proliferation and survival
- Antitumor Effects of Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid, on Human Glioma Cell Lines
- Systematic review of the literature on clinical and experimental trials on the antitumor effects of cannabinoids in gliomas
Breast Cancer Research
- Triggering of the TRPV2 channel by cannabidiol sensitizes glioblastoma cells to cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agents
- Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells
- Cannabidiolic acid, a major cannabinoid in fiber-type cannabis, is an inhibitor of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell migration
- Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma
- Cannabidiol Induces Programmed Cell Death in Breast Cancer Cells by Coordinating the Cross-talk between Apoptosis and Autophagy
- Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis
- Cannabidiolic acid-mediated selective down-regulation of c-fos in highly aggressive breast cancer MDA-MB-231 cells: possible involvement of its down-regulation in the abrogation of aggressiveness.
- Id-1 is a Key Transcriptional Regulator of Glioblastoma Aggressiveness and a Novel Therapeutic Target
Colon Cancer Research
- Induction of Apoptosis by Cannabinoids in Prostate and Colon Cancer Cells Is Phosphatase Dependent
- Chemopreventive effect of the non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid cannabidiol on experimental colon cancer
Endocrine Cancer Research
- A comparative study on cannabidiol-induced apoptosis in murine thymocytes and EL-4 thymoma cells.
- Endocannabinoids in endocrine and related tumors
Kaposi Sarcoma Research
- Cannabidiol Inhibits Growth and Induces Programmed Cell Death in Kaposi Sarcoma–Associated Herpesvirus-Infected Endothelium
- Cannabidiol-Induced Apoptosis in Human Leukemia Cells: A Novel Role of Cannabidiol in the Regulation of p22phox and Nox4 Expression
- Cannabidiol Reduces Leukemic Cell Size – But Is It Important?