We all know the valuable health benefits of regular exercise, but they don’t always come easy. Fatigue, stress, and chronic pain keep many people from achieving their wellness goals. Don’t let them hold you any longer. CBD fitness products are taking the world of sports by storm, offering you the chance to kick down your obstacles for good.
Many amateur and professional athletes find that CBD alleviates physical and mental challenges. Whether you take it before, during, or after your workout, you can achieve an array of unique benefits. Check out this guide if you want to learn how CBD could elevate your fitness performance.
Does CBD Help With Fitness?
CBD (cannabidiol) exerts multiple beneficial effects on your fitness and overall wellbeing. This natural compound of the cannabis plant interacts with receptors in your endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is a network of cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2 receptors) spread throughout the human body. It regulates many of our most important cognitive and physical processes, including the following:
- Sleep quality
- Immune function
- Energy levels
All of these functions are vital to your fitness. The benefits of CBD come from the fact that it assists the ECS. A well-functioning ECS is essential for all aspects of wellness, not just physical fitness. It promotes homeostasis, the perfect balance of all internal processes.
What Does CBD Do for Muscle?
CBD is widely known for its ability to soothe aches and muscle tension. This is especially important when you work out. Exercise-induced muscle damage is a common problem that calls for immediate and long-term relief. CBD products offer both.
Muscle damage is particularly common when you try a new kind of exercise for the first time. Your muscles won’t be used to working that way, which can cause microscopic damage to your muscle fibers. If you plan to try a new workout, prepare your muscles with CBD. It can help reduce the swelling and discomfort associated with exercise-induced muscle damage. Try it again, post-workout, to promote quicker muscle recovery.
Is CBD Good for Muscle Growth?
CBD has an indirect yet significant effect on muscle development. It won’t get you ripped all by itself, but it affects bodily functions that are vital to muscle growth. Most notably, CBD promotes optimal digestive function, helping you maintain a strong metabolism.
CBD also promotes better sleep, which has a major effect on your energy levels. Maintaining a consistent sleep schedule, including plenty of deep REM sleep, is essential. During REM sleep, your central nervous system (CNS) activates and sends signals to your muscles that help them repair. Sleep is the most important time for muscle recovery, and CBD can help you get the most from it.
Does CBD Boost Energy?
The ECS plays a significant role in regulating your energy levels. For starters, it assists in regulating your circadian rhythm, controlling your sleep-wake cycle. We all know that too little or too much sleep can make your energy levels plummet. Give your ECS a boost with CBD, and promote energy through a balanced sleep-wake cycle.
Different doses and strengths of CBD have different impacts on your energy levels. Stronger CBD doses promote relaxation, making them perfect before bed or after a strenuous workout. Lower doses of CBD invite a sense of focus and energy that can power you through your workout routine from start to finish.
Does CBD Affect Cardio?
The endocannabinoid system has a significant impact on your cardiovascular system. Specifically, research shows that the CB1 receptors in your ECS affect your blood pressure and maintain a regular heart rate. The same study shows that the CB2 receptors in your ECS protect against complications caused by reduced blood flow and plaque buildup. Supporting your ECS is important for maintaining proper cardiovascular function and achieving peak physical performance.
CBD Fitness & Testosterone
Some fitness enthusiasts worry that CBD will dramatically change their testosterone levels, but this is unlikely. The ECS does play a role in regulating certain hormones, but not testosterone. The ECS interacts with the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA axis) in your brain. The HPA axis affects certain hormones, notably adrenaline and cortisol. However, testosterone comes from the testicles or ovaries, not the HPA axis.
CBD may indirectly affect testosterone levels because it may reduce nervousness and agitation. Research shows that increased mental distress causes lower testosterone levels. The ECS plays a major role in regulating mood and worry, and CBD can support these functions. Maintaining a steady, low level of distress ensures that your hormone levels stay balanced.
Is CBD Good Before a Workout?
CBD offers both pre and post-workout benefits. The perfect time to take it depends on your needs, so consider the obstacles that get in the way of your workout routine. Do you experience any of the following issues before you exercise?
- Low energy before workouts
- Pre-workout jitters
- Feeling sore before you reach your workout goal
- Losing energy mid-workout
- A lack of enthusiasm and confidence
- Difficulty focusing on your exercises
If this sounds like you, you’re in good company. Many, if not most, people deal with the same issues. Wouldn’t you like to bust through these obstacles and turn your fitness goals into reality? Pre-workout CBD can be your ticket to success!
Taking CBD Before A Workout
The best time to take CBD before a workout depends on what CBD product you take. You have to time it just right so the effects hit right as you start your workout. Here are the most popular pre-workout products and some tips for getting the most out of them.
- CBD Edibles: Take your CBD edibles 1-2 hours before starting your workout. Edible CBD takes that long to kick in because it has to metabolize in your liver first. Edibles offer the longest-lasting effects of any CBD product, providing benefits for 6-8 hours. If you plan on a lengthy workout, like a hike or a bike ride, edibles will keep you going from start to finish.
- CBD Oils: There are two ways to take CBD oil. You can consume it like an edible by adding it to food and beverages or swallowing the oil directly. You should do this 1-2 hours before your workout, so the effects hit when you need them. For faster results, try taking CBD sublingually. This means placing a few drops under your tongue where it can quickly absorb through the mucous membrane. This takes about 15-30 minutes to kick in, so time your workout accordingly.
- CBD Capsules: If you’re looking for a more discreet way to consume your CBD, capsules are the perfect thing for you. They look like every generic pill capsule, and they only take a second to administer. Capsules metabolize in your liver, just like edibles, so take your 1-2 hours before working out.
Is CBD Good After a Workout?
CBD also offers post-exercise benefits for those who need a helping hand recovering from strenuous workouts. It can be the perfect thing if you deal with any of the following issues:
- Sore muscles
- Feeling like your muscles are burning
- Mental fatigue
- A change in energy levels that disrupts your sleep
If you can relate to these obstacles, you’re not alone. Post-workout fatigue and discomfort can be discouraging, but you can brush these issues aside with the recuperative effects of CBD. Finish your workouts on a positive note and use that energy to power you through the rest of the day!
Taking CBD After a Workout
To soothe post-workout aches, you want something that acts faster than edibles or capsules. Once again, CBD oil is a great choice, as long as you take it sublingually to achieve the fastest effects. We’d also like to introduce you to CBD topicals, which are perfect post-workout options. We also have some tips for getting the most out of your CBD fitness journey with them.
- CBD Flower or Vapes: Inhalation is the fastest way to feel the effects of CBD, so it’s great when you need instant relief. CBD flower is the traditional choice, either rolled in a joint or packed in a pipe. After a vigorous workout, you might want something a bit gentler on the lungs. That’s why CBD vape carts are a very popular choice for athletes.
- CBD Relief Salve: This topical CBD cream offers targeted relief for sore muscles. Give yourself a personal massage as you work the salve into the affected area. Expect to feel relief within 15 minutes as the CBD engages the cannabinoid receptors in your skin. Cheef Botanicals offers CBD salve in three strengths: 500 mg, 1000 mg, and 2000 mg.
- CBD Bath Bomb: Mineral baths are an old way to relieve aches and irritation. Put a fresh twist on this tradition with a CBD bath bomb. Run yourself a warm bath, drop the bomb, and when it dissolves into the water, your bath is ready. For the best results, soak for at least 30 minutes. Cheef Botanicals’ CBD bath bombs come in five scents: peppermint, citrus, lemongrass, lavender, and tropical. In addition to soothing your aches, they keep you smelling fresh all day.
Do Athletes Use CBD?
Numerous professional and amateur athletes praise the positive effects of CBD. Some of the biggest names in sports have become vocal advocates of its remedial properties, including Olympic gold medallist Gabby Douglas, Super Bowl champion Rob Gronkowski, and two-time FIFA Women’s World Cup champion Megan Rapinoe. UFC fighter Nate Diaz even interviewed while puffing on a CBD vape following a hard-hitting battle with Conor McGregor.
For decades, biased regulations kept professional athletes from taking cannabis products, including CBD. This forced many of them to form addictions to dangerous painkillers like oxycodone, but change has finally come. In 2018, the World Anti-Doping Agency removed CBD from its list of banned substances. Both MLB and the NHL permit their stars to take CBD for their wellness needs. As more leagues catch up to the times, you can expect to hear even more of your favorite athletes praising CBD.
Final Thoughts – CBD Fitness
CBD fitness products aren’t just trendy; they’re here to stay. Dozens of professional athletes have become public champions of cannabidiol. Hundreds more take it privately to tend to their physical and mental needs. Whether you need a pre-workout boost of positive energy or post-workout relief from the wear and tear of exercise, CBD has your back.
If you want to boost your fitness routine with CBD, there’s no better time than now. Visit the Cheef Botanicals shop to fulfill all of your CBD needs. Find great deals on CBD oil, capsules, relief salves, bath bombs, vapes, and more. Hurry, and start your CBD wellness journey today!
- Best Post Workout Drink: Top 4 Ways to Nourish & Reduce Sore Muscles
- Best Pre Workout Routines: 7 Things You NEED to Do Before Exercising
- Hemp For Fitness: How To Boost Your Next Workout
- How to Relax Back Muscles: 5 Relieving Remedies for a Tense Back
- Joint Stiffness [Why It Happens & Home Remedies]
- Learn CBD Yoga Like A Pro – Improve Your Mind, Body & Soul
- Muscle Recovery: The Secret to Professional Post Workout Regimens
- Post Workout Vegan Meal: Best Post Workout Ingredients & Recipes
- Using CBD For Muscle Pain
- Why CBD for Athletes is a Big Deal