More and more people are turning to vapes because they’re fun, easy-to-use, affordable, and discreet. As the market for vapes continues to grow, you’ll come across vape pens and cartridges of all sizes, flavors, and strengths. There’s something to suit everyone’s needs! Whether you are new to vaping or have been in the game for years, it would help to learn how long vape cartridges last and how they work.
The great thing about vapes is that there is no hassle or prep work required to start vaping. This article will help you find out how long your vape cartridge will last, the things you need to look for in a vape, and how to choose the best ones for yourself!
What Types of Vape Cartridges Are There?
The chances are pretty high that you’ve seen someone pull a vape pen out of their pocket and start puffing away like there’s no tomorrow. However, not all vapes are the same, and people vape for various reasons.
The two main types of vape cartridges you might find are:
- Cannabis vape cartridges (THC, CBD)
- Nicotine cartridges (tobacco)
Some vape pens are disposable, allowing you to toss them after the vape juice is used up or the pen runs out of power. Most of these disposable pens come pre-filled with vape juice of specific strengths, depending on whether you’re consuming CBD, THC, or nicotine. Some people prefer using disposable vape pens because you can start using them immediately, and no maintenance is required.
As we get into the more advanced vape pens, many will have tanks instead of cartridges. The vape juice is the same, but instead of swapping out cartridges, you have to fill up the tanks with the e-liquid. However, the effects are the same and last the same amount of time (depending on tank size).
Do CBD Vapes Get You High?
CBD is not intoxicating, so CBD vapes should not get you “high.” It’s the perfect way to relax your body and calm your mind without inhibiting your daily routine. Many people have switched to vaping CBD over THC and nicotine because it offers many soothing and therapeutic benefits with very few side effects.
How Long Do Vape Cartridges Last?
Vapes don’t have a specific expiration date. How long your vape cartridge lasts depends on three factors: the potency of your vape juice, the volume of your vape cart, and how long you inhale.
- Potency: If you have a more potent vape juice, you need fewer hits to achieve the right effect. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that taking fewer hits makes your vape juice last longer.
- Volume: Most cartridges contain about 500 mg of e-liquid, although they can have various strengths and potencies. Depending on whether your pen is compatible or not, you might also be able to find cartridges in 250 mg or 1000 mg sizes. Larger carts cost more, but they save you frequent trips to the store.
- Inhalation Time: Some people love taking a couple of big, thick hits off their vape, but others prefer to take smaller hits, spread out over a longer time. A 500 mg vape cartridge might only last you about 2-3 days if you take frequent large hits, but it could last over a week for a light inhaler.
How Much Am I Inhaling Per Hit?
The average person inhales about 3-5 mg of vapor per puff or about 1 mg of e-liquid per second. Some people may prefer longer, less frequent draws on their vape pen for more potent hits. Depending on the size of your vape cartridge, you can expect about 130-140 puffs in a 500 mg cartridge before it’s emptied.
For cartridges with a higher CBD, THC, or nicotine content, you may be taking shorter draws at about 1-2 seconds long. A 500 mg vape cartridge will most likely last about 250-300 puffs, while a 1000 mg cartridge can last about 500-600 puffs.
The best way to calculate how long your cartridge will last is to take how many puffs per day you are doing and divide it by the size of the cartridge. So, for a person hitting their vape pen about 30 times a day at about 3 seconds per puff, that equates to about 90 mg per day. In a 500 mg cartridge, that person should expect their vape cartridge to last about five days before it’s empty.
Another thing to consider is temperature. Some of the more advanced vapes allow you to adjust the heat. Vaping at higher temperatures produces thicker clouds of vapor, using up more juice in the process. Therefore, high temperatures make your vape run out faster.
How Many Puffs Do I Need?
The number of puffs you need can depend on a few factors such as age, weight, or tolerance. You might want to feel sustained effects by taking a hit every 30 minutes, or maybe you’re good off one big hit in the morning.
Remember that inhaling smoke or vapor is one of the quickest but shortest-lived ways to feel the effects of the product you’re using. Typically you can feel the effects kick in almost right away, and it will last about 2-4 hours.
The best way to find how much CBD you should vape and your optimal dosage is to start low and gradually work your way up. Keep puffing every 15-30 minutes until you start to feel the mild effects. Eventually, work your way up until you start feeling the desired effects. Before long, you’ll be vaping like a pro in no time!
Do Vape Cartridges Go Bad?
Yes, vape cartridges can go bad over time. The cannabis oils in the e-liquid tend to degrade and lose potency the longer you wait to use them, and you may feel reduced effects from using an old vape cartridge.
The good thing is that most vape carts have a shelf life of about 1-2 years! This includes all CBD, THC, and nicotine cartridges. Even if you aren’t an avid vape user, you should still take proper storage measures. Store your vape cartridges in a cool, dry place away from direct light or heat to preserve them for as long as possible.
Generally, we recommend buying your vape cartridges only a few months ahead of time at most so that you are always using the freshest, newest products!
What Happens If You Smoke an Expired Vape Cart?
There are no known risks of vaping expired juice. The only consequences are that the vape juice gradually loses its flavor and its potency. If you smoke an expired vape, you won’t taste much or feel strong effects. If a couple of years have passed, you probably won’t feel anything at all.
Do Disposable Vapes Last Longer Than Carts?
No, disposable vapes do not necessarily last longer than carts. In fact, carts usually last longer than disposable vapes, but not for the reason you might think. If a cartridge and a disposable pen have the same CBD content, the e-juices will last the same amount of time. However, it’s not the e-juice you have to think about here — it’s the battery life.
Vape cartridges are designed to be interchangeable. You attach them to a separate battery, which powers the heating element. Like all batteries, these eventually run out of power. Fortunately, you can recharge vape batteries. Not all disposable pens have rechargeable batteries.
Disposable vapes are designed for limited use, after which you are expected to throw them away. Only the highest quality disposable vapes are rechargeable, which is a lifesaver if the battery dies before you’re out of juice. With the average, non-rechargeable disposable vape, it’s incredibly frustrating to have a dead battery but plenty of juice left!
What to Look For in a Vape Cartridge
When you’re buying vape cartridges, there are a few things you should consider. Things like the quality, flavor, potency, or size all come into play when deciding between different brands.
Check out some of the best ways to help you decide which vape cartridge to buy!
- Price: When you’re deciding between two brands, you want the most bang for your buck. Something cheaper may not always be the most cost-effective, while some more potent or large cartridges may be overpriced. Consider the size and potency when buying your cartridges to find out which one fits your budget.
- Size: Depending on the brand, buying a larger vape oil cartridge may be cheaper than buying multiple smaller cartridges and can help you save money in the long run. Going with the larger options may be better if your vape pen is compatible with the larger cartridges.
- Potency: The more potent a vape cartridge is, the less you’ll need to feel the desired effects. Although more potent vapes can typically cost more, you may be finding yourself needing to hit your pen far less often. Remember that you also need to balance potency and tolerance to avoid taking anything you can’t handle.
- Flavors: Different brands will carry different flavors, so pick and choose your favorite ones! The great thing about vape oil cartridges is that you are free to swap them out at any time to try different flavors.
- Brand reputation: A trusted and well-reviewed brand will always have clear testimonials of the effectiveness and quality of a product. On the other hand, you may want to steer clear of a company with bad reviews and unsatisfied customers. Many brands will often attempt to cut costs by using low-quality ingredients or misleading information.
Check out Cheef Botanicals for all your CBD vape cartridge needs! We offer some of the highest-quality vape products on the market, perfectly curated for your enjoyment. We ensure every product is made with only high-quality, all-natural ingredients with your health in mind. Cheef avoids using chemicals, additives, or preservatives in all products so that you won’t have to worry about what you’re putting in your body.
The movie of the same name inspired this iconic cannabis strain! Following the massive success of Seth Rogen and James Franco’s cannabis classic, innovative cannabis farmer crossbred two terpene-rich strains: Hawaiian and Trainwreck. The result was an extraordinarily flavorful strain, featuring citrus and pineapple bursts against a backdrop of earthy pine aromas. Now you can get that one-of-a-kind flavor in a smooth, calming vape cart.
Take yourself back to a hot summer afternoon, the sun beating down on you. On a day like that, is there anything better than a cool glass of lemonade? We captured the spirit of summer in our lemonade vape carts. The sweet and sour flavor hits you right away, followed by the warm relaxation of CBD.
Other Popular Vapes
Sour Diesel and Lemonade are just the tips of the iceberg when it comes to our vape selection. We carry 20 vape varieties, from the classic taste of the cannabis plant to innovative flavors like Bubble Gum. Below is a sampling of our most popular vape carts, but we highly encourage you to check out all of them!
- OG Kush
- Gorilla Glue
- Sour Diesel
- Caramel Macchiato
Final Thoughts – How Long Do Vape Cartridges Last?
The last problem you want on your hands is running out of vape cartridges when you need that quick hit in the morning. Knowing how long your vape cart will last can help you better prepare ahead of time. Take some time to find out how much you vape in a day and plan accordingly. Better yet, keep a backstock so that you never run out!
Read Next: How to Vape CBD [The Complete Guide]