Frostbite CBD flower is a hemp version of the popular marijuana strain, meaning if you’re looking for the complex flavor of Frostbite but without any of the “high,” this is for you.
You might be asking, “How can a high-THC strain be CBD flower?” Well, with selective breeding to reduce the THC amount and increase the CBD amount, it can! There are notable differences, but in terms of flavor, terpenes, and effects, it remains very much like the Frostbite you’re used to.
Want to find out more? Here’s everything you need to know about this exciting CBD flower strain!
Frostbite CBD Strain: Lineage
The interesting thing about the Frostbite strain is that the lineage is unclear. A few theories about where it came from (and different people claiming responsibility for the strain), but the most popular theory is that it’s a cross between the Deep Purple strain and the ever-popular Afghan Kush.
Deep Purple has distinct purple undertones and a mild fruity grape taste. Afghan Kush hails from the Hindu Kush mountain range. This strain is famous for its earthy flavor, heavy resin content, and calming effects.
Combine those two strains, and you get Frostbite. Frostbite CBD is a Sativa-dominant strain that uplifts and energizes with a warm earthy aroma and spicy, woody notes. With just a bit of sourness and skunk, what’s left is a complex flavor profile.
Physically, Frostbite comes with a bright green color and subtle blueish, orange hues all condensed in medium-sized buds. Frostbite comes covered with trichomes, giving it a frosty outcome (hence the name!).
Frostbite CBD Strain: Terpene Profile
The flavors and aroma of Frostbite CBD are what set it apart. This strain of hemp flower has a strong earthy, smokey aroma with a touch of fruit and spice. When smoked, Frostbite tastes as it smells, but with more pine, sourness, and some skunk. Although these flavors may seem to clash, they round each other out for a satisfying smoking experience.
Here are the prominent terpenes in Frostbite CBD:
- Cymene: Cymene is a compound found in many essential oils, including cumin and thyme. This contributes to the spicy aroma of Frostbite.
- Caryophyllene: This terpene is found in hops and has a spicy, nutty flavor. It contributes to the aroma of black pepper and is also found in cinnamon and cloves. The interesting thing about caryophyllene is that it’s the only terpene that also acts as a cannabinoid and supports the endocannabinoid system (ECS) of your body. Thus, contributing to your overall wellness and reducing bodily discomfort.
- Humulene: This terpene contributes to the flavor of hops and is responsible for the distinct taste of beer. It has a deep woody flavor that adds a bit of spice to the earthiness of the Frostbite CBD flower.
- Limonene: Limonene has a sweet, citrus smell and slight acidity (or sourness) reminiscent of lemon. This terpene helps relieve stress and tension. More so, the citrus flavor complements the other earthy and spicy flavors in this strain.
- Pinene: This terpene is found in pine needles and has an earthy aroma and a hint of fresh pine. The pine is a refreshing contrast to the other dominant terpenes in Frostbite.
How Much CBD and THC are in Frostbite CBD Flower?
Frostbite CBD flower will range between 15% to 20% CBD and 0.3% THC or less. You should be aware that these percentages can vary, which determines its legal status in your state.
As a CBD flower, there will always be a good amount of CBD, but it’s the amount of THC that decides if the crop is classified as hemp or marijuana. If the crop has 0.3% THC or less, it is classified as hemp. Due to the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp production and sales are legal in all 50 states, you should have no problem buying it.
However, if the THC content is more than 0.3%, the federal government classifies the flower as marijuana, which means it is only allowed in states where marijuana is legalized. Frostbite is typically a marijuana strain, with THC levels reaching as high as 21% so getting it can be difficult if you don’t live in a marijuana-friendly state.
The good news is that Frostbite CBD flower comes from hemp and has 0.3% or less THC, which should not get you high. This makes it completely legal so that you can enjoy all the flavors and terpenes of the strain without any of the psychoactive effects.
Frostbite CBD Flower Effects
The aroma of the Frostbite CBD flower will be the first thing you notice. It has a deep, dank aroma reminiscent of smoky barbecue and notes of spice and citrus. The pungent odor will undoubtedly draw you in.
As you inhale the aromatic smoke, it still has that earthiness, but with more pine, sourness, and a touch of that iconic skunk smell associated with the plant. The mix of flavors balances each other out and produces an exceptional smoking experience.
As you exhale the smoke, the CBD will kick in. You’ll feel an immediate sense of relaxation and release. Frostbite CBD flower is a Sativa-dominant flower — you’ll feel energized and uplifted. Many praise Frostbite because it uplifts their mood, making it perfect as a pick-me-up or a morning smoke to start your day.
Be aware that if you smoke Frostbite marijuana flower (with high THC content), you will feel the psychoactive effects of THC – including euphoria, delusions, impaired judgment, and a possible loss of your sense of time. Make sure not to over-consume marijuana because although it has positive effects, it can also have negative side effects as well.
Similar CBD Strains
If Frostbite CBD is not available in your area (or it’s just hard to find), try out a few of these similar CBD flower strains we have here at Cheef!
- Sour Diesel: This Sativa-dominant strain contains around 20% CBD, making it similar in its potency and effects to Frostbite. Sour Diesel has a sweet and sour flavor with a slight tang.
- Northern Lights: This popular strain is around 20% CBD, but as an indica-dominant strain, it’s great for relaxing and unwinding after a long day. The flavor is similar to Frostbite in that it has a deep, earthy taste with a sweet and spicy aroma.
- OG Kush: This Sativa-dominant strain contains 18% CBD, which is great for helping you focus while simultaneously relaxing your body. It has a fragrant woody aroma with a little touch of zest.
Final Thoughts – Frostbite CBD Flower
With Frostbite CBD flower, we combined the wonderful taste of Frostbite, with none of the psychoactive effects (or high). If you’re looking for a strain that will uplift your mood and has a satisfying earthy aroma with complex undertones, this is the clear choice. Best of all, it’s the perfect daytime smoke with all the THC.
So, what are you waiting for? Light up some Frostbite CBD flower!