Hair is very important to a lot of people. Our lovely locks give us confidence and allow us to express ourselves in more ways than one. That’s why people need to take care of their hair with high-quality products! These products can promote healthy hair growth and provide nourishment to our hair. It’s no wonder that CBD hair products are on the rise!
These salon-quality hair products are a hit with hairstylists and consumers wanting a holistic approach to hair care. But before you start applying these luxurious products to your hair, you should know a few things. Come with us as we take a deep dive into CBD hair products and tell you everything there is to know about them. Towards the end, we’ll also show you how to make CBD hair products at home using our Cheef Botanicals CBD oil!
What Are CBD Hair Products?
CBD hair products are hair products infused with hemp-derived CBD. You can use them every day to nourish and moisturize your scalp and keep your hair looking and feeling healthy. The benefits of CBD hair products extend to both men and women of varying hair types.
Some of the many CBD-infused hair products available in this growing beauty category include:
- Shampoos: Clarifying, volumizing, soothing, and shampoo formulas for color-treated hair.
- Conditioners: Rinse out, leave-in, and hair masks (deep conditioners).
- Hair oils: Commonly used hair oil such as avocado, coconut, argan oil, and even hemp seed oil (Cannabis sativa seed oil) infused with CBD. You can also use some hair oil as scalp oil or body oil.
- Hair serums: Taming, managing, fortifying, hydrating, and softening serums.
- Styling products: Gel, pomade, mousse, and hairspray.
- And many more CBD-infused hair products!
In addition to CBD, you will also find many beneficial ingredients for promoting hair growth, soothing itchy scalp, and improving overall hair health.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is a cannabis plant compound found in large amounts in the hemp plant (Cannabis Sativa). This naturally occurring compound plays a pivotal role in optimizing your overall wellbeing by interacting with your endocannabinoid system (ECS). This expansive internal network of cell-signaling receptors helps refine several key biological functions important to homeostasis, such as temperament, appetite, digestion, skin health, mobility, and rest.
When you apply CBD hair products to your scalp, CBD interacts with your skin and muscles’ respective CB1 and CB2 receptors. This can help provide deep, localized relief for a healthy scalp. In addition to the nourishing benefits of CBD, the many other ingredients in these hair products will heal and strengthen your hair for improved hair health.
Are CBD Hair Products Expensive?
CBD hair products are not expensive and typically fall within the same price range as non-CBD hair products. For example, the average cost of CBD shampoos and conditioners is roughly $0.25-0.50 per milligram. Expect to pay double that amount for salon-quality CBD hair products with premium ingredients. But the ubiquitous nature of hair products will allow you the flexibility to find the products you want at a price point that meets your budget.
Are CBD Hair Products Beneficial?
Yes, CBD hair products are very beneficial, which is why they’re gaining popularity with consumers. Many CBD hair products contain natural ingredients. This is a welcome departure from the many additives, harmful chemicals, and fillers common in typical hair products that do more bad than good to your hair.
You will benefit from nourishing ingredients that contain:
- Amino acids: The building blocks of protein that strengthen hair through bond repair. These help reduce the instances of dry, damaged hair.
- Plant-based and animal collagen peptides: Proteins that hydrate your hair and dry scalp.
- Essential fatty acids: Keep your hair hydrated and help to prevent moisture loss.
- Antioxidants: Substances that protect hair from environmental damage and the sensitive skin on your scalp.
- Vitamins and minerals: These may help stimulate hair growth, prevent hair loss, add shine, thicken hair for a fuller look, and ease dead skin common in dry scalps.
What to Look for In CBD Hair Products
We touched upon the many benefits of CBD hair products in the previous section and why they’re good for your hair and scalp. Read on to learn more about ingredients to look for to guarantee a quality product and how you can research brands to ensure they’re reputable and provide the best CBD hair products your money can buy.
Not all CBD hair products have the same formulation. Some contain ingredients beneficial to your hair, while other hair products contain ingredients that can do more harm than good. Here are some ingredients you should embrace and some that you should avoid.
What to look for:
- Hemp seed oil: This carrier oil derived from the seeds of the hemp plant is highly beneficial. It contains high amounts of Omega fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and protein. Because of this, you’ll find this versatile oil a common constituent of CBD hair products.
- All-natural ingredients: Many plant-based ingredients such as aloe vera, honey, and green tea, along with common natural oils like argan, jojoba, and hemp seed oil, make for high-quality products that will nourish and prevent damaged hair from occurring.
- Vitamins and nutrients: Vitamin A, C, D, and E, B vitamins, iron, and zinc are some of the most powerful ingredients important in promoting hair growth and maintaining optimal hair health.
What to avoid:
- Chemical additives: There are several common additives in hair care products that consumers have grown accustomed to and never second guess. However, prolonged use of these chemicals can lead to irreversible hair damage. It’s best to avoid ingredients such as sulfates, parabens, and polyethylene glycols.
- Synthetic colors and fragrances: Besides being harmful to your hair, these components can damage your skin leading to a dry, flaky scalp, irritation, and hair loss. Long-term use can also lead to a host of other health issues.
- Animal products: Collagen peptides are a common constituent of every hair care product and are prized for their many benefits to hair. However, it’s best to avoid these and other ingredients since many might not be ethically sourced. There are plenty of vegan alternatives that are just as effective at providing your hair strands with the care they need.
Always do your research by visiting company websites and scrutinizing their products. Shop with companies that provide a Certificate of Analysis (COA) with their products. COAs are third-party lab tests analyzing the ingredients of a product and verifying its safety and potency. COAs are typically found on company websites.
You can also visit Trustpilot, a third-party website that has verified reviews of products. Another wonderful source is the Better Business Bureau (BBB). A company that is a BBB verified company with an A+ rating is as reputable as a company can get.
At Cheef Botanicals, we are proud to say that we are Trustpilot verified and accredited with the BBB with an A+ consumer rating! You can rest assured that you’re shopping with the best and most reputable CBD company in the U.S. when you shop with us!
Can You Make CBD Hair Products At Home?
Yes, you can make custom CBD shampoo, conditioner, CBD hair oil, and other hair products at home! All you need is some CBD oil and CBD isolate from Cheef Botanicals, and you’re halfway there. Here are two quick and easy examples of making CBD-infused hair products at home.
Making CBD shampoos is very easy and requires only three ingredients. Here’s how you can make a custom shampoo infused with CBD.
- Cheef Botanicals full spectrum CBD oil (1200 mg) — 2 tablespoons
- Baking powder — 1 tablespoon
- Warm water — 1 cup
- (Optional) Try adding your favorite essential oils for fragrance and extra nourishment to your strands.
- Mix all three ingredients until completely blended.
- Store the ingredients in an empty shampoo bottle, preferably one that is free of BPA and phthalate-free.
CBD Hair Mask
A CBD hair mask can help prevent your hair from becoming a tangled, oily mess. Masks help by restoring scalp health and controlling excess oil production. You’ll also give your hair hydration and a sleek, shiny look! Here’s how you can make a custom CBD hair mask.
- Cheef Botanicals 1000 mg CBD isolate — 0.5 grams
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Honey — 1 tablespoon
- Strawberries — 1 cup
- Blend all ingredients until pureed.
- Apply evenly to hair and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing it out with warm water.
Where To Get CBD Oil & CBD Isolate?
You can find CBD oil and CBD isolate online from many shops, but no one offers top-shelf quality and affordable prices like the CBD experts at Cheef Botanicals! Our products come with third-party COAs to guarantee their safety and efficacy.
Here are two essential CBD products to have on hand so that you can make your own CBD hair products at home or infuse your favorite hair products with CBD:
- Cheef Botanicals CBD Oil: Available in 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 3000mg strengths, and uses hemp seed oil as its carrier oil. The versatility of CBD oil allows you to incorporate it into various hair products or use it to make your own! This is a full spectrum CBD product, meaning that it also contains other hemp plant compounds for increased potency.
- Cheef Botanicals Isolate: Our 1000 mg CBD isolate contains 99%+ pure CBD. Like CBD oil, isolate is versatile; you can use it as a base ingredient or infuse it into your favorite products.
Why Choose Cheef Botanicals?
At Cheef Botanicals, we make all our CBD products with your health and safety in mind. They all come with COAs and are made from fully Farm Bill compliant American-grown hemp. They also contain natural ingredients with no harmful chemicals, additives, or preservatives.
In addition to quality products, you’ll also save money on every order! Here’s how you can save money when shopping with us:
- Save 25% off on your first order.
- Save 25% off on all orders forever by joining our free subscription services! Choose to have your products delivered to your doorstep either biweekly or monthly.
- In the rare case you’re not satisfied, you can return your products for a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free and fast shipping on all purchases.
- Sign up for our free e-mail newsletter and get exclusive weekly discounts and offers.
So what are you waiting for? Give your hair the care it needs by heading to our shop and getting yourself some CBD oil and isolate to make some CBD-infused hair products at home!
Final Thoughts — CBD Hair Products
If you want to give your hair strands some TLC, then you need to give them some CBD. Not only do CBD hair products help nurture your scalp, but they provide your hair with the nutrition it desires. But instead of spending a ton of money on these products, you can easily make them yourself or infuse your favorite hair care products with our CBD oil and CBD isolate powder!
Your hair will be glowing and flowing when you incorporate CBD into your hair care regimen. So don’t delay — start today by heading to our shop and getting yourself some CBD to start your hair care journey!